At Krichel Animal Hospital it is our top priority to provide a safe environment for our clients, patients, and staff. We are working diligently to be able to continue to provide excellent care for your pets during the current quarantines and closures. In response to the developing events related to COVID-19, until further notice, we will be enacting the following measures effective immediately:
- In addition to our regular cleaning and sanitation we will be doing additional deep cleaning of all high contact areas a minimum of every 4 hours and the counters at the reception area will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes after each client interaction.
- All staff exhibiting respiratory symptoms or flu-like symptoms will be required to stay home. Staff members exhibiting respiratory symptoms must be symptom free and fever free for 72 hours before returning to work. Staff members with flu-like symptoms must be symptom free and fever free for 24 hours before returning to work. If a staff member is tested for COVID-19, they will not be allowed back to work until the test is confirmed negative.
- For our staff and client’s safety, we will begin Low Contact Visits starting Monday, March 23rd. This will be for everything including emergency/sick visits, wellness visits, surgery drop-off/pick-up, and food/medication pick-ups.
Low Contact Visits will generally work as follows:
- If you or someone you have had contact with is exhibiting any upper respiratory symptoms or has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, please post-pone your pet’s visit. If it is an emergency, please arrange to have a healthy person deliver your pet. If that is not possible, and you must get your pet in for an emergency, please communicate this to our staff so we can take appropriate safety measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (face mask, gown, and gloves) to reduce risk of spreading germs when we retrieve your pet from your vehicle
- Call the clinic upon arrival (319-524-6835) and an assistant will come out to your car to collect your pet. We will ask that you remove your pet from your vehicle. Dogs must be on a leash. We will place an additional slip lead on your dog for safety. Cats should be in carriers.
- The technician will call you once your pet is safely inside and collect a thorough history via phone. We will complete your pet’s examination while you wait in the car.
- The doctor will call you to discuss your pet’s exam and to make recommendations.
- The assistant or front desk staff will call when your bill is finalized and accept payment over the phone.
- The assistant will return your pet to you with an itemized receipt, discharge paperwork, and any medication your pet requires.
- Prescription or food pick-ups-- Place your order over the phone. Call when you arrive at the clinic and a member of our team will accept your payment over the phone and deliver the medications/food to you in your vehicle.
- If you prefer, we are happy to mail medications directly to you via the USPS. We also have options available to have your pet’s food shipped directly to your home. Please call the clinic if you wish to utilize these options.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we enact the necessary changes to help curb the spread of the virus
At this time, our hours will remain unchanged. For afterhours medical emergencies, please call (319) 524-6835.
We will be closely monitoring this developing situation and update these measures as recommended by the CDC or local authorities to assist with reducing contact for those in our community.